The Programmer position supports and handles new developments and enhancements to computer programs following project requirements and is responsible for analysis, coding, testing, debugging and documenting various database applications. Programmer will also provide a certain amount of technical support including installation and remote support to clients. This position will represent ABH® and its services in a positive and professional manner and adhere to ABH®’s best practices, guidelines, policies and procedures as established, promoting ABH® as a leader in behavioral healthcare in all interactions and work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Encodes project requirements by converting scope information into computer language;
- Programs the computer by entering coded information;
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests, modifying program sequence and/or codes;
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions;
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing departmental outcomes as needed;
- Prioritizes work to meet goals or deadlines;
- Maintains flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and needs;
- Performs other administrative and technical duties as required to support the business operations;
- Maintains confidentiality of all client protected health information and adheres to all HIPAA related policies and procedures;
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and cultural sensitivity in all activities involving individuals of diverse backgrounds;
- Performs other tasks/responsibilities as required to support the business operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education - Required
- 5 – 8 years experience with ASP.NET, VB.NET/C#.NET using Visual Studio 2008 or above - Required
- 5 – 8 years experience in MS SQL 2008, Tables, Views and Stored procedures , DTS, SQL reporting services – Required
- 5-8 Years experience in MS-ACCESS and Crystal reports are preferred
- Integrating application with third party controls such as Telerik, Infragistics - Preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle - Preferred
- Attends annual Conflict of Interest training
- Ability to handles multiple tasks and provide quality solutions on time and within project budget;
- Ability to communicate technical and business information with others clearly and concisely;
- Demonstrated experience working independently in code;
- Strong attention to detail; ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Excellent PC skills with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook); internet;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
« Return to the main Employment page.